Self Read Accounts
- Bills will be sent out by CKPPD on the 16th of the month or the first working day after.
- The self-read customer is to pay the amount due on the statement, read the meter, and return them to the CKPPD office by the 10th of the following month. If the payment is not in the office by the due date, a 2% or $5 penalty, whichever is greater, will be added to the account balance.
- If a reading is not submitted by 8 a.m. on the 15th of the month, CKPPD will estimate the kwh used and assess a $10 estimating fee per account.
- If a meter is estimated one month and the reading is not sent in before 8 a.m. on the 15th of the following month, the District will read the meter, calculate the reading from the 1st of the month, and send a bill which will include a $30 meter reading charge.
- Please notify us if circumstances make it difficult to submit your reading before the deadline so that an acceptable solution can be arranged.
- Collection and disconnect policies are established by the Board of Directors. To avoid any fees - $30 collection fee, $30 reconnect fee during business hours, and $60 reconnect fee after normal business hours – please make payments on a timely basis or call to make arrangements.