Power outages sometimes happen. Outages can be caused by storms, high wind, animals on transformers or other electrical equipment, lightning, equipment failure, tree contact, and public accidents. Cedar-Knox PPD will respond to trouble/service calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customers having a 254 prefix should call (402) 254-6291 and all other customers can use 1-800-891-5196. After regular working hours, company personnel on duty will answer your call.
ALWAYS remember that we want to be notified promptly if outages occur – don’t hesitate to call. We will respond as quickly as possible.
- Check breaker and fuses- have a supply of fuses on hand. Most partial outages result from a short or overload on a wiring circuit.
- Determine whether outage is an individual outage or not. Check to see if the neighbors have power.
- Stay away from power lines. Consider any downed power line to be energized and extremely dangerous.
Report the Problem
- State your name, address or location and PHONE NUMBER.
- Provide a brief report of the problem.
Danger! Use Caution! Contact with high voltage energized power lines is sudden death. You should assume that all power lines are energized. If a pole is broken or a conductor has improper clearance, because of an accident or storm, notify us IMMEDIATELY.
If you or someone in your household depends on an electric-powered life support system, we want to know.
When we have advance notice of a situation like this, the account will be flagged. If a planned outage occurs, we will be aware and make every effort to notify you in advance.
Sometimes a storm, an accident, or equipment failure, which Cedar-Knox PPD has no control over, will cause your power to be out. We will do everything we can to restore power as quickly as possible. To avoid a crisis, we suggest you do some advance planning:
- Call us, we may be able to offer some help.
- Install a double throw transfer switch so you could rent or borrow an emergency standby generator.
- Consider purchasing your own personal standby generator.
Cedar-Knox PPD cares about our customers and your well being. We know being without electricity is an inconvenience, but we certainly don’t want it to turn into a crisis. Let us help you in any way we can.
For further information contact us at (800) 891-5196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Standby Generators Warning
If you use a standby generator during power outages, remember that improper generator hookup can create a serious problem for the safety of our service personnel. It is very important that your generator has a double-throw switch. This switching device is used to transfer the electric service from the power line to the generator. If not used properly, feedback from the generator voltage back on to the power lines could endanger the lives of the line crews working to restore your power.